We can get involved in all aspects of the planning and building process, depending on your requirements and level of experience.
Types of project
We specialise in the following sorts of building projects:
- Listed buildings
- Oak frames
- New houses
- Repair and refurbishment
1. Planning the project
- We’ll come and meet with you to discuss your plans. This meeting is free of charge; at this stage we will discuss our fees with you before we proceed any further.
- We’ll write up the brief, timescale and budget we’ve discussed with you to make sure we’ve understood the details.
- The next stage will be to come back to your building to conduct a measurement survey of part/all of the building and land as required
- We’ll draw up a ‘Sketch Scheme’ that illustrates what we propose for your project, talk it through with you and make amendments as needed.
2. Building or planning consent
- We will advise you if you need to apply for any kind of formal consent, and guide you through the process.
- We develop plans and drawings specifically formatted for planning applications, then prepare the planning application.
- We may also prepare a detailed briefing for specification of the work if other construction professionals – for example a structural engineer – need to be consulted.
3. Briefing and managing the build
- Once planning or building consents have been obtained, we’ll create a detailed briefing for specification for the work, plus further detailed construction drawings which will include all the information a builder needs to understand the scope of the work.
- We’ll also prepare a specification or schedule of works for the project, including timelines and materials required.
- The project will then go out to Tender to building companies. We can help you choose the right one and/or make a recommendation if necessary.
- As part of our project management, we’ll administering the building work including periodic site meetings & visits
- We’ll also oversee cost reporting, interim payments and agree all final accounts with the contractors.